There are thousands of pets that get hit by cars and other vehicles every year. There are a lot of owners who lose their pets this way. The sad part is sometimes, the owners are the ones who hit their own pets because they were not aware that their pets were there.
Even the smallest vehicles like bikes can cause harm to pets. There are various bike brands that people can choose from so they would purchase the one that will work best for their different needs. These bikes need to be used safely so that pets will not get hurt or die. Pets as well as other animals do not deserve to become roadkill.
There are some pets who will die because of the injuries that they sustained while there are also some that would survive but will lose some limbs or two. There are some that become badly injured that they are just put to sleep.
The moment that you bring your pet out of the house, expect that it is going to wander to various places and you will have no control where your pet is going to go.
These are some of the things you can do to prevent your pet from getting run over:
- You can keep your pet indoors. There are some cats that are called house cats and some dogs are not recommended to stay outside the house because of their size. Pets that never go out will not get run over but you have to take extra care of your pets. You need to teach them where they should urinate and defecate so you will not have a lot of issues with cleaning.
- For cats and also dogs, you can get your pets neutered or sprayed. Neutered cats and dogs will not have the urge to roam around that much. They will already be content just staying inside your house while they do various activities.
- For dogs, you should teach your dog up to where it can go. If you have a yard and it is fenced, this may be enough for the dog to roam around and not get bored. You should also teach your dog to not bolt out of the front yard when you open it so you do not have to worry about your dog getting run over by a vehicle.
- It is best if your pet will be trained from the very beginning. Some cats and dogs are able to become effective house pets because they started to become trained at an early age. It will be harder to teach already adult cats and dogs about becoming house pets but if you are persistent, it will be effective in the future.
- This is a method that is more effective for dogs: you can teach your dog a trick wherein it will come when you do a certain whistle or when you do a gesture. You can do this calmly so that your dog will respond to you. Cats are harder to train but may still respond depending on the cat’s current mood.
With all of these tips in mind, keeping your pets safe and protected will be easier to accomplish.